Dienstag, 22. Januar 2019

Water injection and boost control


After checking Sloppy's youtube channel again after a (long) while I kinda liked what he did with his boost controller mounting. Got me to this idea:

No bracket to build! For luck Thorsten had two fittings the right size in his "various shit" box.


Those who know me and my way of tuning know that I SWEAR on water injection (by now). I still feel bad about telling Daniel of the Green Monster Team back then that "water doesn't burn and WDF it should do in a combustion chamber."
Took me a while to understand, that methanol without oxygen isn't burning either. Well.. actually it didn't cross my mind that using methanol as a cooling agent isn't the smartest idea either until we had bad bearings etc.
Now that I am limited on injector flow (you know ... money) I very much prefer water instead of methanol as internal cooling agent.

 So - I bought one of those Water / Methanol injection systems (cheaper than one high flow methanol injector).
To get an idea what I am dealing with, I did some rough flow tests today.
The pump puts out about 300 ml in 10 sec unrestricted. The good news is: It does pretty much the same with nozzles.
The bad news is - I wanted a little more. But this better than nothing and should be sufficient to start out with.
I also got the aluminum shielding tubes for the driveshaft today. Now I only need to find that old transmission shaft coupler again and we are golden!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.